Ben Silver Seminar & Breakfast
Why Leaders Fail
Mary Kelly, PhD, CSP, CDR, US Navy (retired)
TUESDAY, MAY 7
8:00 AM - 8:15 AM » Breakfast
8:15 AM - 9:45 AM » Seminar
9:45 AM - 10:15 AM » VIP Session – Q&A
THE FIRST 100 REGISTRANTS WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF MARY KELLY’S BOOK, WHY LEADERS FAIL!
Many good people, when they rise to leadership positions, fail. Good leadership seems easy in theory but actually living, executing, and fostering strong, effective leadership in corporations and organizations is tough. How can we ensure success? What do successful leaders do differently? What are the surprisingly common mistakes that many leaders unknowingly make that derail their success?
Using current data and case studies collected through years of corporate and military leadership, you’ll learn why so many leaders fail, and how to avoid the hidden pitfalls. Leadership is most critical during times of crisis. Leadership happens when things are tough and there are problems to solve. Why Leaders Fail shows audiences how to be even better leaders.
- Gain insights into behaviors that may be sabotaging the loyalty of direct reports
- Understand why top talent may not be performing up to their potential
- Align team goals with organizational mission using Mary’s tools to maximize profitability
- Develop awareness of how leaders are perceived by their direct reports, peers, and supervisors
- Identify leadership strengths and weaknesses through assessment
Mary Kelly, PhD, CSP, CDR, US Navy (ret) is an internationally known economist and leadership expert, specializing in productivity, communication, and business profit growth. Mary has been quoted in thousands of periodicals including Forbes, Money Magazine, Entrepreneur, Yahoo Finance, Success, the Wall Street Journal, and hundreds of business journals.
Mary is the author of 11 books, including:
- Why Leaders Fail and the 7 Prescriptions for Success
- Master Your World: 10 Dog-Inspired Leadership Lessons to Improve Productivity, Profits, & Communication
- 15 Ways to Grow Your Business in Every Economy
- 360 Degrees of Leadership
- Stop the Barking at Work
- Money Smart: How Not To Buy Cat Food When You Don’t Have a Cat
With extensive experience in human resources, finance, insurance, organizational leadership, strategic planning, and project development, she focuses on building successful strategies for business leaders at all levels of an organization. A MENSA member, Mary has received several of speaking accolades, and military honors, including the Air Force Academy Instructor of the Year, Outstanding Educator Award, National Speakers Association-Colorado Member of the Year, and the Navy League Leadership Award, in
addition to her military awards.
Mary earned a BS from the United States Naval Academy, an MA in Economics from the University of Oklahoma, an MA in History and Foreign Policy from the University of Hawaii, and a Ph.D. in Economics from Greenwich University.